Friday, November 23, 2007

BANK OF AMERICA SUCKS!!!!!

Bank of America has made the list! I am overwhelmed by their gross incompetence. I chose their bank on November 13th(or maybe 14th),because they are a large, national bank and there is a branch nearby. So I decide to call and find out how late they are open. Upon checking my crappy local yellow pages it appears they have only a toll free number listed. Not too unusual I thought to myself,so I dial the number the menu choice directs me to a rep who tells me I can open the account right over the phone. Wow!, how simple and convenient ............NOT! All it would take , I'm told is a few moments of my time,some information, and a credit card to charge the $25 minimum deposit (for opening the account) to.I was assured it would be open within the next 2 days and that I would be receiving my account info via the U.S. Mail within said time. My friends, you are my friends, right? (not like the others),far be it from so. It takes over a week and no less than 5 (increasingly angry) phone calls to finally get my account open. I try to close the newly opened account,out of spite of course and find this is no easy feat either. Nearly 1 dozen phone calls and over 18 reps later I'm yet to receive satisfactory results! I'm sorry, but I'm just too angry to continue now. I HATE BANKS!!! Perhaps it is time to raise an army of the people,seize the state and redistribute the wealth.I think I know a guy with a leaf blower who'd be down with that.

2 comments:

JB said...

I could not agree more... this is (one of the reasons) why I do not have a bank account. As for our acquaintance with the leaf-blower, I believe he may be otherwise detained.

Robynne said...

That is really a bummer. I chose Bank of America for the same reasons: branch close to my home and across the country. I have had no problems with them at all. I had my account opened one Saturday and have done most everything online ever since. So sorry, I don't agree Adam! I think ALL banks suck to some degree, Bank of America is no different from the rest.