Friday, March 14, 2008

Best Live Albums (this list goes to eleven!)

I'm no expert. This list is really more of an exercise to stimulate some response, a conversation starter of sorts. Here goes nothing:
1.) The Name of this Band is Talking Heads
2.) The Who -Live at Leeds (Deluxe Edition)
3.) The Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East
4.) Violent Femmes -Viva Wisconsin
5.) Neil Young and Crazy Horse -Rust Never Sleeps
6.) Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert
7.) Hot Tuna
8.) Nirvana -mtv Unplugged in New York
9.) The Grateful Dead -Dick's Picks volume 4
10.) Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore volume 2 The Helsinki Concert
11.) Miles Davis -Live-Evil .
Yes, I know this list is VERY subjective. I'm sure my own choices will probably have changed before I finish/publish this post. Most of you will find many glaring omissions, or see my selections as debatable (if not ridiculous). Let the games begin.

2 comments:

JB said...

Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison.

Adam said...

That album was able to make my top 20, on the strength of "flushed from the bathroom of your heart" alone. Side 1,I own the lp (actually 2 copies,one still sealed), is flawless. I find his version of "long black veil" to be far superior than that popularized by The Band.